I’ll email the author to ask if the next release will be GPL 3. If so, I will hold off on making minara GPL 3 until then. If not, I will re-implement the functions. I know that’s not very “clean room”, but hopefully it will be OK.
I’m not meant to be doing any more work on minara but I really would like to fix the outstanding bugs and do a 0.0.1a release at some point.