Denta

I adapted the source code for Twitta to make Denta, a Free Software client for identi.ca on Android.

Application package

Source code

I’ve changed the package name, the readme and the icons from their Twitta versions to differentiate Denta for the OS and users. But to be clear, this is just a search-and-replace hack of Twitta.

Any bug reports or questions should be sent via the comments for this post. Thanks.

Posted in Free Culture
12 comments on “Denta
  1. BUGabundo says:

Hi.
    Since both other ยตblog apps for StatusNet (soon to be former Laconica) suck, I decided to give a go with your.
    Hope you like to get a lot of user feed back and ideas for new implementations.
    So far, I’ve seen it doesnt support other StatusNet servers (I have a brainbird.co.cc account), nor it as a Context view.
    Also, it should be able to refresh the timeline once a Notice has been sent.
    the posting button is *too* small.
    ill test it a bit more, and report back. thanks for the app. ๐Ÿ˜€

2. id.bugabundo.net says:

is this thing working? i get no feedback of my comments ๐Ÿ™
    Hi.
    Hope you like to get a lot of user feed back and ideas for new implementations.
    Also, it should be able to refresh the timeline once a Notice has been sent.
    the posting button is *too* small.
    ill test it a bit more, and report back. thanks for the app. ๐Ÿ˜€

3. id.bugabundo.net says:

Ok, found and huge non-existing feature: i cant check for replies from ppl i dont follow!
    can you fix that?

4. jon.spriggs.org.uk says:

I don’t have a bug report, but I do have a feature enhancement request – please can you make it so I only get notified if my username is mentioned in a post in my stream?
    At the moment, I’m getting notified about every update, which means I’ve turned it off ๐Ÿ™
    Rgds,
    Jon “The Nice Guy” Spriggs

5. Rob Myers says:

It’s working. I just have to approve comments to avoid spam. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Rob Myers says:

Jon – You’re the second person to ask for this. ๐Ÿ™‚ I may try and implement it but my time to work on Denta is limited.
    Thanks.

7. Rob Myers says:

Button size will be surprisingly difficult to change. You can send text by pressing Return as well.
    Supporting different servers should be doable but as I say I have limited time to work on the code, and I use identi.ca personally.
    Responses from people are a problem generally. That’s a legacy of the Twitta codebase (which is otherwise very good) and something I need to look at for my own use. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Thanks!

8. id.bugabundo.net says:

yeah having an option for just replies would be great!

9. id.bugabundo.net says:

Hi.
    This Friday, the 28, Evan is expecting to launch StatusNet (the new name for Laconica) v0.8.1
    We would appreciate if any mentions your app/service has to Laconica (or even Identica) be migrated to the new brand, on your next release.
    Thanks for your understanding.

10. id.bugabundo.net says:

macno made some changes to support in_reply_to

11. Tomas Ekeli says:

Denta force-closes a few seconds after launch on Cyanogen 4.1.7 (and 6).
    To my knowledge that mod is equal to Donut (just lacks the new market).
    Something to look into?