Here are my current plans for draw-something. They are subject to change.
1. Relicence as GPL 3. Done.
2. Ensure that colouring code works properly.
– Check that it matches Cohen’s description.
– Do this in chordinator?
3. Tune up “Interesting Points” system.
– Make 100 images and try to code away unpleasant features.
4. Finish basic simple & large -> complex & small figure plane system.
5. Move to more complex “figures & developments” system.
6. More figure types.
– Currently there are polylines, polygons and hulls.
– Add points, circles, arcs, linesets, circlesets.
7. Switch to integer maths or at least whole-pixel offsets.
– Error based line drawing?
9. Relational groups.
– Literal mirror, scale, rotate of core skeleton.
– Conceptual groups e.g. “5 points”, “all same size/area”.
10. Tagging scheme.
– Tag interesting points to get clusters, relations.
– Tag each development to guide later developments.
– Basic implimenteation e.g. plist of symbols.
A. Solve presentation problem.
– Do it like current AARON or like Copycat, drawing screen & log screen.
– Ltk seems best bet.
– Dump drawing and commentary as event log to (e.g.) Java based player.
B. Make sketch program & development program & colour program?
– UNIX pipeline.
– Make each component simpler.
– Like Kazushi’s systems.
C. Representational imagery?
D. Pixmap/crop-based system or faster vector-based hit testing? (See 7.)
E. Stop using CVS? Just release tarballs?
Technorati Tags: generative art