• Someone has written themself into the script as a character.
• Someone has written their house into the script as a location.
• Someone has written their existing fictitious character into the script.
• A TV station has written one of its journalist into the script.
• A radio station has written itself into the script as a setting for an episode set in a radio station.
• The German branch of The Church of Scientology are trying to write themselves in.
• And more examples are coming.
The advantage of having Baby Cow film all this is that the results are a coherent whole. This contrasts with “User Generated Content”, which requires a video clips format or other framing device to be drawn together into a coherent whole.
To use a slightly strained Free Software metaphor, Baby Cow are in charge of the distro and they are the ones who make the build.